Specialty food expert, writer, lover of three-tined forks
The "she" in she craves is Vanessa Chang.
I am a food lover, food writer, and food expert.I guess, you could say I am a food nerd.
I write this blog to give the hungry and curious folks on the interwebs a resource for food:
* Insight (not always beauty shots, folks; there are plenty of disasters and lessons learned, too)
* History/Biology/Flavor Notes = Nerd Speak
* Things that inspire and irk me in the food world
* Places to go/eat/experience
* Things you should really put in your mouth
My work has appeared in the New York Times, Gourmet magazine, Sunset, VIA, Edible Wasatch, Culture and Wine Enthusiast Online among others.
I am pragmatic. So I don't mind the occasional sponsorship and help to pay the fees to run this thing. As long as you or your product doesn't suck.
During the day, I preach pork. At night I'm found doing one of the following:
I teach classes -- tasting and cooking.
I consult -- good food (and communicating it) isn't rocket science, but it isn't easy.
Cacao, Rothko, and three-pronged forks. Road trips. Eating. Eating. And eating.